Due to hurricane Irma, this Thursday’s football game has been moved to Golden Gate High School. As this game is a district game it is important that the band is present to support the football team. Here are some details for your planning purposes:
• Parents will need to provide transportation for their students to Golden Gate High School. Parking passes will be distributed to all students if they charge. Students are encouraged to park near the auditorium and bus loop. It is on the left side of the building as you pull in.
• Uniform for winds and percussion will be khaki shorts, Elvis! band shirts, and tennis shoes. Flag and dance were given directions at rehearsal this evening.
• Call time will be 6:00pm on the bus loop at Golden Gate High School.
• Dismissal will be at the conclusion of the game in the bus loop at Golden Gate High School. This will be approximately 9:30pm. We will have students call/text their rides at the start of the 4th quarter so parents have adequate time to arrive at GGH to pick up their students.
• The GCH band room will be open from 4:00-5:00pm so students may retrieve their instruments if necessary.
• The GCH band room will be open for one hour after dismissal for students to return instruments if necessary.
• We will be performing pre-game and halftime.
• Concert band, Symphonic Winds, and 9/10 flag/dance will take their break during the 1st quarter. Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, and 11/12 flag/dance will take their break during the 3rd quarter.
• Students are encouraged to bring a bottle of water for the stands. The concession stand and ice will be limited at GGH.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please let me know.