In an effort to prepare all students for the start of the new school year we have included a large amount of information below. Please read everything so you are aware of upcoming dates, fees, new processes, and where to find further information. Attached to this email is detailed information on signing up for CHARMS and registermyathlete.com
1. Sign up for a CHARMS account.
Make sure you have signed up in CHARMS- please check to make sure email address’ are up to date and correct.
2. Complete all necessary forms and yearly physical on www.registermyathlete.com.
These should be completed before July 25th so the school has a chance to check them before band camp. ONLY STUDENTS WHO HAVE A CURRENT PHYSICAL WILL BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN BAND CAMP. This website will let you know when your registration is complete. The registermyathlete.com website will be the only method of submitting paperwork this year. If you need assistance, please contact the activities office at the school for assistance before July 20th. They will be more than happy to assist in any way necessary.
In addition to the physical, there are 6 forms to complete:
1. Emergency Information Card
2. Photo/Video Media Release Form (required for MPA performances)
3. Student Travel Authorization Form
4. Consent and Release Liability Certificate – General Liability
5. Consent and Release Liability Certificate – Concussion & Heat Related Illness
6. Consent and Release Liability Certificate – Sudden Cardiac Arrest
3. ALL MEMBERS (including flag and dance) MUST attend uniform fitting on:
· August 3rd for Juniors and Seniors between 6pm-8pm
· August 5th for Freshmen and Sophomores between 11am-3pm
Uniform fitting is for significantly more than your uniform. Please check your current account balance before attending this event through CHARMS, you will need to inform Mr. Carney at checkout of your balance. This will significantly decrease wait times for everybody involved. You may pay by student account, cash, check, or credit card (3% convenience fee applies). At this event we will be collecting the following information and/or fees:
· Band Fees
o $235 for winds and percussion
o $150 for flag and dance
· Uniforms and accessories
§ $5 for all wind players
§ $20 for all cymbal players
§ $10 for all tubas and percussion
o Marching shoes
§ $35 for new
§ $15 for used
o Leadership cords
§ $30 for captains
§ $15 for section leaders, assistant section leaders, and logistical team members
o Concert dress for all wind and percussion students
§ $65 required dress for all females
§ Males are required to purchase a tuxedo on their own
o Warm-up suits for all flag & dance
§ $125 for new
§ $75 for used
· Tuner with contact microphone
o All wind players are required to own a tuner with a contact microphone. Tuners are $25 and the microphones are $10.
· Any apparel/spirit table items you order will also need to be paid at checkout.
· Coupon Books
o All students are required to participate in this fundraiser. Each student will have the choice to sell at least 5 books or simply pay $50 at checkout. This is our largest annual fundraiser.
· Food coupons
o This $25 food coupon will allow students to purchase food during home games without having cash.
· Disney trip
o This will be the final day to sign-up for Disney. The cost is $110. Students who have an annual pass may pay $35 and submit a copy of their annual pass. Please check your black-out dates.
4. Sign-up to volunteer!!!
We need your help! Come join the fun! Here are a few ways to help before the year begins:
· We need supervision during band camp. Come in the morning or afternoon.
· We need volunteers to bring lunch for the Band Director’s during band camp.
· We need assistance during uniform fitting.
· We need volunteers to grill and distribute food and drinks for the Band Camp Show picnic!
· Past due payments for the San Antonio trip can only be paid via the following over the summer…..
1. Credit card using the website.
2. Mail a check to:
GCHS Band Aid Club
15275 Collier Blvd. #201
Naples, FL 34119
Flag and dance conditioning dates:
June 19th 5:30pm-7:30pm
July 10th 5:30pm-7:30pm
July 24th 5:30pm-7:30pm
**If you cannot attend these dates, you must fill out and submit the absent flag/dance form on the band website.
Secretary, GCHS Band Aid Club