To prepare all students for the start of the new school year we have included a large amount of information below. Please read everything so you are aware of upcoming dates, fees, new processes, and where to find further information. Attached to this email is detailed information on signing up for CHARMS and registermyathlete.com
1. Sign up for a CHARMS account.
Make sure you have signed up in CHARMS- please check to make sure email address’ are up to date and correct. Summer postcards will be mailed to the address you have in CHARMS, update any information ASAP.
2. Complete all necessary forms and yearly physical on www.registermyathlete.com.
These should be completed before July 25th so the school has a chance to check them before band camp. ONLY STUDENTS WHO HAVE A CURRENT PHYSICAL WILL BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN BAND CAMP. This website will let you know when your registration is complete. The registermyathlete.com website will be the only method of submitting paperwork this year. If you need assistance, please contact the activities office at the school for assistance before July 20th. They will be more than happy to assist in any way necessary. We will not accept printed forms.
In addition to the physical, there are 6 forms to complete:
1. Emergency Information Card
2. Photo/Video Media Release Form (required for MPA performances)
3. Student Travel Authorization Form
4. Consent and Release Liability Certificate – General Liability
5. Consent and Release Liability Certificate – Concussion & Heat Related Illness
6. Consent and Release Liability Certificate – Sudden Cardiac Arrest
3. ALL MEMBERS (including flag and dance) MUST attend uniform fitting on:
• August 3rd for Juniors and Seniors between 6pm-8pm
• August 5th for Freshmen and Sophomores between 11am-3pm
Uniform fitting is for significantly more than your uniform. Please check your current account balance before attending this event through CHARMS, you will need to inform Mr. Carney at checkout of your balance. This will significantly decrease wait times for everybody involved. You may pay by student account, cash, check, or credit card (3% convenience fee applies). At this event we will be collecting the following information and/or fees:
• Band Fees
o $235 for winds and percussion
o $150 for flag and dance
• Uniforms and accessories
▪ $5 for all wind players
▪ $20 for all cymbal players
▪ $10 for all tubas and percussion
o Marching shoes
▪ $35 for new
▪ $15 for used
o Leadership cords
▪ $30 for captains
▪ $15 for section leaders, assistant section leaders, and logistical team members
o Concert dress for all wind and percussion students
▪ $65 required dress for all females
▪ Males are required to purchase a tuxedo on their own
o Warm-up suits for all flag & dance
▪ $125 for new
▪ $75 for used
• Tuner with contact microphone
o All wind players are required to own a tuner with a contact microphone. Tuners are $25 and the microphones are $10.
• Any apparel/spirit table items you order will also need to be paid at checkout.
• Coupon Books
o All students are required to participate in this fundraiser. Each student will have the choice to sell at least 5 books or simply pay $50 at checkout. This is our largest annual fundraiser.
• Food coupons
o This $25 food coupon will allow students to purchase food during home games without having cash.
• Disney trip
o This will be the final day to sign-up for Disney. The cost is $110. Students who have an annual pass may pay $35 and submit a copy of their annual pass. Please check your black-out dates.
4. Sign-up to volunteer!!!
We need your help! Come join the fun! Here are a few ways to help before the year begins:
• Band Camp help mornings and afternoons:
The school has been closed over the summer, there is a lot to get done before school officially starts. We need people to help each morning getting water, cleaning up the uniform fitting room, help with sick kids and anything else that might and will pop up!
• We need volunteers to bring lunch for the Band Director’s during band camp. We currently need to fill 6 spots for lunches.
• We need assistance during uniform fitting. These 2 days are big! We need as much help as we can get, and then some!
• We need volunteers to grill and distribute food and drinks for the Band Camp Show picnic! This is a fun event where the kids show off all they have been learning at band camp, come volunteer and see the show!
• Past due payments for the San Antonio trip can only be paid via the following over the summer….. 1. Credit card using the website. 2. Mail check to: GCHS Band Aid Club 15275 Collier Blvd. #201 Box 365 Naples, FL 34119
*Everyone should have paid $600 at this point. You have all received an email notifying you that you are past due. 1 more email attempt will be made. If payments are not caught up by July 15 you will forfeit any monies paid into the trip and will be removed from the trip. This is per the signed commitment letter. Refunds will only be issued to students moving out of the district at this time.
Flag and dance conditioning July dates:
July 10th 5:30pm-7:30pm
July 24th 5:30pm-7:30pm
**If you cannot attend these dates, you must fill out and submit the absent flag/dance form on the band website. All football games, band show and MPA volunteer opportunities have been posted to the band website www.gchsharkband.com Please check it out and sign up!
NOTE* You MUST be a CCPS approved volunteer. Applications can be found on the CCPS webpage, make sure you get this done over the summer. Tuesday, August 1st at 7pm in the Auditorium is the mandatory parent and student meeting. This meeting requires your attendance to be able to participate in the band for the 2017-18 school year.
Congratulations to our Auxiliary coach. On Saturday July 1st, she became Mrs. Alison Delaney! Here’s to many years of wedded bliss Alison and Brian!!
Looking for a place to store those holiday items or any other extra stuff around your house? Look no further than our generous band sponsor, MidGard Storage. They are conveniently located on the corner of CR-951 and Vanderbilt Beach Rd. at 7205 Vanderbilt Way. Tell them the band sent you, visit their website at www.midgardnaplesstorage.com.
Get up and get off that couch! Band camp is right around the corner. Get outside and acclimated to this heat, it will be hot at band camp! Start practicing the show music that was handed out at the end of last school year. You must have most of this memorized before the start of band camp, there is a lot to get done and a lot of fun to be had!
Secretary, GCHS Band Aid Club