The fire truck is such a great celebration of all the kids’ hard work!
But, the kids still have one more morning of band camp, Saturday, 8/10 from 8a-11a.
At approximately 11a, there will be a Performance for Parents (weather permitting) on the field!!
And after that, there will be a Band Family BBQ on campus to celebrate the end of a great Band Camp and LOTS of HARD, HARD WORK!
The BBQ is what you’ve been sending all those supplies for. You know, the soda, chips, water, and paper plates and napkins??? You sent them right? If not, bring them tomorrow, it’s not too late!
Freshmen-12 pack of Coke products NO 2 liters!!
Sophomores-12 count of individual packs of chips NO LARGE BAGS!!
Juniors– case of bottled water
Seniors-paper plates (NOT STYROFOAM) and napkins
There are still 9 spots open for volunteer to help at the BBQ
. There are many things to do to feed 328 band kids and their families! We need many hands to set up, grill, serve and clean up. It’s a wonderful event where you can see all your band family that you’ve been missing all summer! If you can spend some time helping, please go to the site and sign up. It’s under “Band Camp AM/PM Chaperones”. Here is a link. You have to go to the bottom of the page. http://www.gchsharkband.com/volunteer/?sheet_id=377
ALSO, IF YOU CAN SEW a simple hand stitch (OR ARE WILLING TO LEARN), while your kids are finishing their last day of band camp, please come help us get these uniforms ready for FRIDAY, AUGUST 17th! That’s our first game! It’s a WEEK AWAY!!!! We have two FULL racks that need to be hemmed! You can reply to this email for more info or to let us know you’re coming. We are so thankful for everyone who has already come to help organize and sew!
Regular Marching Band Practice begins!!
WHEN: Tuesdays and Thursdays through the season
TIME: From 6-815p
WHAT TO BRING: YOU, your instrument, WATER!!
WHAT TO WEAR: Band t-shirt, sneakers, comfy light shorts
Wednesday, August 15th, FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! Good Luck everyone!!
NOW LET’S TALK ABOUT THE FIRST GAME!!
It’s on Friday, August 17th. It’s a home game against Immokalee High.
Call time is 530p. That’s the time they need to be INSIDE the band room. They need to arrive EARLIER than this. And they can gather outside the band room until they are allowed entry. (Only kids and volunteers are allowed in the band room.)
How does a band kid prepare for game day, you ask?
1. HYDRATE ALL WEEK!
2. Eat food the day of a game, but not DAIRY. (It’s still hot out there!)
3. Wear their band shirt, light comfy black shorts, and black thick socks that are at least 3 inches above their ankles to the game. They will keep all of this on underneath their uniform.
4. Bring their BAND SHOES, GLOVES, INSTRUMENT, BERET(if they wear one), CONCESSION CARD/MONEY.
5. Smile, cause it’s gonna be TONS OF FUN!
Now you’re asking “How does a volunteer prepare for game day?”.
1. Sign up on the website
WAAAAAAAY in advance so that we know we’ve got enough help. There are still TONS of spots for helpers in Concession,Equipment, Water, Chaperones, and Grill.
2. Wear that GCHMB apparel you got (once it arrives) or your band t-shirt and sneakers (cause you’re going to be walking and standing a lot.).
3. HYDRATE ALL WEEK! Yeah, you should too. It’s good for you. Plus it’s still hot out there on the field!
4. When you are arrriving at the school, there should be a table out front selling volunteer meal tickets for each game. You present these tickets at concession for a burger, chips and drink. They cost $2 each.
5. Sign in on the sheet when you get into the band room. We want to give you credit for being there and our school gets credit for all it’s volunteers! SO BE COUNTED!
6. SMILE BIG! BE PROUD! You are a part of a great group of kids and adults who are bringing so much joy to SO MANY PEOPLE with their music and marching out on that field!