Please read the entire message. A lot of information is in each weekly email.
Calling all volunteers. It’s that time of year when the playoffs start. We have our girls soccer team who starts District play on Tuesday. We don’t know about the game until last minute potentially. Please help us out by signing up to work. Please sign-up today. Here are the immediate needs for the coming 2 weeks.
Tuesday, January 23 – Girls Soccer District Quarter final – Click here to sign up. 2 parent student teams needed.
Wednesday, January 24 – Girls Soccer District Semi-Final – Game depends on the result of 1/23 game – 2 parent/student teams needed. Click here to sign up.
Thursday, January 25 – Boys Soccer vs Lely – 2 Games – 2 parent/student teams needed. Click here to sign up.
Friday, January 26 – Girls Soccer District Final – Game depends on the results of the games, 1/23 & 1/24. Click here to sign up.
Solo and Ensemble
- We will need help chaperoning for flag & dance. – 5 more chaperon’s needed (female only please)
Move equipment for flag and dance – 1 person needed who can tow a trailer
(Click here). Friday, Feb 2, 7AM – 2PM
- Move equipment to and from Lehigh Senior high school and people to babysit said equipment. Please click here to sign-up. Saturday, February 3, 8AM – until? It depends on our final schedule for the percussionist. Please remember that we trailer this equipment to and from Lehigh high school for your students. This benefits many students. Please help out.
- Jazz Band MPA – Monday, February 5 at Lehigh Senior high school. Click here to sign up. We are in need of 6 chaperon’s and 2 equipment guys.
What’s on tap for this week?
- Tuesday, January 23 – Solo & Ensemble rehearsals with accompanist 7:25AM – 9:25 AM, Wind Ensemble Rehearsal 2:30 – 4:30PM, Symphonic Winds Rehearsal 5PM – 7PM, Flag (Teal) & Dance Rehearsal, 6PM – 8:15PM
- Thursday, January 25 – Flag 6 – 9PM, (Silver) Flag & Dance Rehearsal, 6PM – 8:15PM
- Saturday, January 27 – Drum line performance at the Naples Wine Festival, See Mr. Goff for call time, students must provide their own transportation. 1 equipment truck driver needed. Please contact me if you can help. Flag & Dance dress rehearsal, 8AM until they are done potentially 6PM.
San Antonio Trip:
Thank you to all who have addressed their delinquent account. If you still have questions about your account please email Mr. Carney directly firstname.lastname@example.org. Chaperon’s please have all payments completed by February 1.
Solo & Ensemble:
This year each wind and percussion students will be responsible for providing their own transportation to and from this event. The only exception is for Flag & Dance who will be performing during the school day. We will provide busing for them on Friday, February 2. Please plan accordingly. Students will receive their performance time approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
Keep sending in those shoes. Currently we have 22 complete bags counted. We need to keep the momentum and those shoes coming in. Our goal is 300 bags. If each student collects 25 pairs of shoes we exceed that goal. We will collect shoes until February 28th. Shoe Drive Flier
Please email me directly at email@example.com if you can assist with counting and bagging or if you have any questions. I’m still looking for some student volunteers to help with this. I only have 2 to date.
Parents I’ll need help bagging shoes on a weekly basis. This shouldn’t take more than an hour of time if we have approximately 4 people each week.
Hard Drive Horns – February 10th at 4PM – see attached flier. Hard Drive Horns is Southwest Florida’s premier Rock and Roll “Horn Band” playing the great music of the 60’s through today. Hard Drive Horns has an incredible rhythm section featuring the top musicians in the area including a Hammond B3 Organ as well as four of the top “Horn Players” around playing sizzling horn licks like you hear on recordings from the last 50 years. This concert will be “on the lawn” outside the church, please bring your lawn chair or blanket so you can relax and enjoy the concert. There will be local food trucks at the concert as well for you to purchase food from while you enjoy the music. HDH Concert Poster, NNC
Eagle Scout Fundraiser – This is Armand Procacci and I just wanted to spread the word about a fundraiser I am hosting for my Eagle Scout Project that is benefiting The First Tee Naples/Collier. The Fundraiser is explained in detail in the E-Letter attached FUNdraiser E-Letter. Basically, I am hosting a concession stand during the shows of All Shook Up at Naples Performing Arts Center, where once again I play an Elvis-roustabout role. If you could spread the word to all of the band students that tickets for all Gulf Coast band students are only $10, I would greatly appreciate it. All they have to do is say they are a GCHS Band member when purchasing a ticket. Tickets are selling fast, so I wanted to let you know as soon as possible.
Just to be clear, my fundraiser is not the sale of tickets but the proceeds of the concession stand and auction items. 100% of the profits will be going towards The First Tee. If anyone knows of any businesses willing to donate food or drink items for donation to the concession or auction items, it would be helpful very helpful.
Thank you so much and I hope to see you there!
I hope you all have an awesome week.
GCHS Band Aid Club